SPIRIT stands for Psychosocial Interventions in Teams. Using evidence based CBT written resources, this course trains practitioners in a jargon free approach, to teach their clients key life skills to aid symptoms of anxiety and depression.
The course is based on the evidence based Overcoming Low Mood and Depression Book.
- Introducing and using written and linked online CBT resources
- The Plan, Do, Review support model
- Clinical Assessment using the Five Areas Assessment
- Reduced activity, Avoidance, Building exercise
- Noticing and changing extreme and unhelpful thoughts
- Problem solving, Tackling avoidance, Helpful and unhelpful behaviours
- Assertiveness, Anger, Communication, Building relationships, Carer support
- Medication, Improving sleep, Healthy living
- Planning for the future
Practitioners will use the book and its integrated worksheets to help clients become their own therapist.
Visit our evidence base page to find out more about the course, or read one of our case studies showing an example of its use.
To read our SPIRIT information leaflet click here
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a local practitioner training course. We also offer training workshops on a regular basis, visit llttf.com/training for details.